Thursday, August 28, 2008

Last Days

If you're not reading Joel Rosenberg these days, well, I just don't know what's wrong with you.

Joel's New Blog

He talks about Joe Biden and Israel ramping up to strike Iran. He asks you to get out a map and draw a line from Moscow to Jerusalem noticing that you have to go right through Georgia. I just read his latest two works of fiction, The Ezekiel Option and Dead Heat. Dude.

And I've been asking myself some questions. If these are seriously the last days, what should I be doing differently? My daddy is very ill and we don't know how long he will be around, what should I be doing and saying? How important am I in either situation? What's my role in all this?

I really like Micah 6:8. I would really like to think that's all there is to it.

"He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God."

These aren't new thoughts to us, we don't live unexamined lives. I just can't quit thinking them.

And another thing, while I'm at it. I've got THIS SONG STUCK in my head. For several days now. What does it even mean?

2 comments:

Leigh Anne Bedingfield said...

Now I can't get the song out of my head.

Tammy Ma said...

Joel Rosenberg, huh? I will do a google search.......sounds interesting. I do agree that we are getting closer to the 'end days'. Know that sounds freakish.....but I think you are right. Have you ever seen M.Bickle's study on the end days, Omega? I think several cell groups in the church are doing/have done it. Sure is interesting and probably goes right in hand with the J.R. stuff......