Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Prayer (lament)

Mission trip meetings real early on Saturday mornings, rockin' out with Nathan and American Revolution 'til the wee hours the night before, ears still ringing, waiting for my ride Amy, trying to focus, willing the coffee into my bloodstream, where is my passport, what should I wear for my visa application picture, ears still ringing, hair still wet around the edges, praying for my Daddy, and Abby, wondering how to say goodbye to Debs, and Annie, learning that many Psalms are laments, looking forward to being among those gorgeous children, ears still ringing, there's Amy.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm excited.

Jennie B said...

You're a good aunt - way above the call of duty is staying up until 2:00 a.m. when you have to get up early.

Jennie B said...

You're a good aunt - way above the call of duty is staying up until 2:00 a.m. when you have to get up early.

Jennie B said...

I don't know how I did that twice...cool though.

AnnieBlogs said...

I don't know how either.

Marie-Claire said...

oh, the hjumanity.